24 May 2015

life and lemons

I just took antibiotics with wine. I am my mother.

You know how life is just kinda going along and then sometimes something happens and fucks it all up and you're like, WHOA I did NOT see that coming...?

Well Friday night Chris had to work and I had solid plans to get drunk and go to bed early because life/work has been so goddamn exhausting lately. Well, I didn't get drunk or go to bed early but I was all cozied up in bed, fading fast watching some tv at about 11.
Then I got a call because Chris had an accident at work; he fell off of ladder and broke his wrist, sprained the other one, and bruised up pretty much everything else. I jumped out of bed to meet them at the ER. I got there to find my sweet tooter husband lying in bed all beat up. I told him that I was going to start an ER scrapbook because we can't seem to go a year without visiting one.

As with a typical ER visit, we got home in the wee hours of the morning after an exhausting night, and we spent the weekend trying to make him comfortable and making sure he takes his pain meds. Because the thing is, he only has a splint on his arm. He will need surgery and of course he broke his wrist on a Friday night before a long weekend, so it won't be scheduled until Wednesday-- IF the worker's comp claim is filed in time. So no cast until it's got a nice, sturdy metal plate to hold the bones together. Which means there's still a lot of pain and no real healing can take place yet. I feel terrible because he can't get comfortable or completely get rid of the pain.
Plus his entire summer plans of working for this guy are all out the window and who knows how he's going to heal or what's going to happen.

His mom will be arriving tomorrow to take care of him while I'm at work. I wish it was a slow time of year so I could easily chunk deuce for a week, but such is life. Of course I'll take off when he has the surgery but his mom's retired and doesn't really have anything better to do so it kind of works out.

My mom gave me some adult diaper rash cream to put on my face, and so far it's the most effective thing I've tried. I scheduled a dermatologist appointment for, you guessed it, Wednesday, but it will most likely need to be rescheduled due to Chris having surgery. So who knows when I'll be able to fix my rashy face. Sad (rashy) face.

On top of those circumstances, I got a speeding ticket today. My first ever. I am so fed up with life's little curveballs lately that I wasn't even upset; just another drop in the bucket. Fine, give me the ticket. I'll figure it out and deal with it. Hopefully a boring online session of Defensive Driving will take care of it. I haven't heard people complain too much about resolving tickets so it can't be that bad. *KNOCK ON WOOD*

2 comments:

  1. Dislike. :(
    I'm hoping all those things work out as smoothly as possible. Good vibes being sent your direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dislike. :(
    I'm hoping all those things work out as smoothly as possible. Good vibes being sent your direction.

    ReplyDelete