27 May 2018

Home on the range

It has been an eventful couple of days. I had planned to do one post outlining some large developments, but now so much has happened that I feel like the topics need to be split.

First up. House:

Appraisal finally got scheduled. Helen seems confident that we're in the clear so I started my house hunt.

We started by looking at a couple smaller houses, but they just weren't right. Then she suggested we look at a house in my neighborhood. I rejected it right away based on the square footage (too big) and the fact that it's on a busy corner. Still, Helen insisted and I trust her so we looked at it.

I didn't like it immediately, but it grew on me as I walked around. It had a really good vibe. It is a lot more square footage, but the way it's laid out, it doesn't seem like it. Overall, it felt right. Plus, the master bath and gorgeous backyard sold me.

Helen basically negotiated on my behalf and the next thing I know I'm signing a contract. We're making the option period short and we're going to try to close on the same day as this house closes so that I'm not homeless. You know, the little things.

Work is busy this week so it's going to be a wonderful shitshow but at this point I'm rolling with everything and nothing's a big deal. Really trying to stay zen, listen to my gut, and let the universe work things out.

We shall see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment