31 May 2018

big stuff

It's been a big couple of days.

Yesterday the judge granted our divorce. In the span of less than 5 minutes, I swore to give the whole truth so help me God, my lawyer asked me a few questions, and it was done. I spent a couple hours on the phone with HR and need to change the beneficiaries on a few things, but it's done.
No tears. I spent some time thinking about regrets, but overall I managed to keep it together. Because, honestly, I WAS together. This was something I've feared for a long time but was also a long time coming. I feel like overall it was a good decision, although still an emotional adjustment.

Also my "rich auntie" status is forever solidified because my nephews will get a big chunk of money if I suddenly die.

Today, the house appraised. FINALLY!  The sale is going through and holy crap shit got real. I spent the whole day on my feet, training some new customers, answering phone calls from both title companies and the mortgage company, and trying to figure out how I'm going to make my customers happy, steal a kiss or two from foxy grandpa (who I'm really digging), sell my house, move Chris's stuff out, and move myself into a new house in the span of 13 days.

I needed to call in reinforcements. I have a ton of badasses on my team. So far everyone I've called on has come in clutch.

Mom has been there for the inspection of my new house, Frank found me an HVAC guy, Akhtar and Chris have agreed to a power of attorney for the sale of the old house, Chris will get a pod here ASAP, and I've signed a whole bunch of papers and emailed them back to the title companies and mortgage company who are also hustling to get things done in a ridiculously short time. I have to admit I barely read the paperwork and am relying on my team of badasses. I'm so overwhelmed I'm just trying to check things off my list.

Next up I have to call my mentor and my boss and see if anyone can help with my customers because I have too much on my plate even IF I wasn't dealing with several major life changes. Job security, yo.

I'm a little nervous at the new mortgage payment. The new house is about 40k more than what we paid for this house, and the interest rates are higher, so the mortgage payment is about $500 more than what I've been paying. I can completely afford it, because the payments on this house were really cheap, but I'm nervous about losing that chunk of disposable income. On the flip side, I'm not paying for Chris's health insurance anymore and most of my disposable income went into savings anyway, so maybe it'll even out.

I think it will all be worth it when I'm sipping wine in my beautiful garden in my new backyard, listening to the soothing waterfall and hoping I don't kill the fish.

In the meantime, I'll be secretly treading emotional waters but overall hustling like a badass. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment