15 July 2023

bleach and jet ski lessons

My new favorite cleaning product: A tampon dipped in bleach.
This isn't groundbreaking, but it did save me from having to re-caulk a really awkward portion of the shower due to a set of stubborn mildew stains. I dipped the tampon in the bleach bottle (the string really came in handy lol), then set the tampon on the stain and walked away for a few hours. I've been trying to get rid of those stains for over a year and that's what finally worked. Horray!

We finally got around to an official jet ski lesson. I've been hesitant because I don't particularly enjoy watercraft, partly because I'm not much of a thrill seeker but mostly because of the motion sickness aspect (I get seasick on a hammock, y'a'll). But I have to learn how to drive ours and I would like to get comfortable on them.

I figured that it would be like driving a car- you are less likely to get seasick if you're the one driving. That's mostly true. The "you're on water" sensation is unavoidable but when you're moving it's less noticeable. It was uncomfortable but bearable. 

To be honest, I was scared. It seems like you're going really fast and I never felt stable or in control the entire time. Which means I have to keep doing it.

On a more positive note, I will say that it's really cool getting to see different parts of the river. There is a lot of beauty and a lot of neat houses. 
We picked a relatively calm day to go out, but we passed a few wake boats and I screamed in terror going over the waves. I caught air a few times and once I get over the terror I could see how that might eventually be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment