12 July 2023

healthier choices

Following the trend of making healthier choices, I've found myself mindlessly scrolling through social media for hours at a time lately. So after I see the content from people that I actually follow, I'm making the conscious choice to set the phone down and do something else.

So far instead of mindless scrolling, I've:
organized the tackle box
tried a few new cleaning methods on the shower (nothing worked great)
pet the cat
watered the garden
sat outside and watched the clouds, nature, whatever
researched organizing ideas for specific spots (like under the kitchen sink)
cleaned out a kitchen cabinet
picked out some wedding songs
taken a nap

I'm going to order a couple of books from my wishlist to have on hand and there are a million little projects around here I can take on. I think my eyes are happier, too. They get so strained looking at a screen for so long.

Also I figured out a good option for physical activity. You're going to laugh because it's so obvious. I got the idea when FF and I were taking a dip in the river to cool off one evening.

DUH. We live on the river. We can SWIM. Even hopping out of the tube to tread water is good physical activity. I haven't swam for exercise in many years but it's so perfect in this heat. 
So there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment