19 July 2023

well I'm old

The other day we were in Hobby Lobby and I had a couple of bolts of fabric on my hip. FF asked how much they were and I glanced at the top edge of the bolts... and the labels were blurry. 

It was at that moment that I realized I might need readers. I've noticed lately that my eyes have been really tired and I have to blink a lot/ things are out of focus when I'm on my phone or computer for a while.

So I dug out some old readers that I used to use when I wore contacts a lot and my eyes got tired. Let's say I noticed a difference. FF is very amused, probably because I tease him about being old all the time and now I've made a large step to join him.

I've been meaning to go to the eye doctor (and the regular doctor, and the dermatologist, and the gyno...), but I never did find a doctor when I moved to Katy and now that we're at the river 90% of the time, I suppose I'll need to find one out here.

Anyway, when it comes to aging, at this point in my life I've got plentiful grey hairs and now I need reading glasses. I actually don't mind the grey because it's sparkly, and I'm excited to finally be able to get some cute tacky reading glasses and wear them on a pretty chain around my neck.

The wrinkles on my chest and sun spots on my face, however, I do mind. For the record.

No comments:

Post a Comment