09 July 2023

crabs and dresses

This afternoon we checked the crab traps and were delighted to find 7 crabs waiting for us. So instead of meatloaf for dinner, we dined on crab on the back porch in our bathing suits. Does it get any better than that?

Then we headed down to the water and fished for a while. Caught a few things that didn't matter, but it was fun anyway. 

Also notable:

-Sewed a few more pillow covers for some new-to-us pillows that a friend gave to us. Brainstormed how I'm going to fit a craft area into this house once we're here full-time. Have not come up with a solution yet.

-Wedding dress: I inspected my it and determined that I can probably take the straps up. I've done it before and it's a more delicate fabric situation, but I think I can handle it.
I also noticed that the stitching around the armholes is scratchy- they used that clear thread that is never comfortable and I only wore it for a few minutes and my skin was red. I might have to take that out and re-sew it with a softer thread or I'll wind up with some irritated arms. That should be fun- ripping out clear thread sounds SO easy.
The bling situation is definitely happening. I bought some glass beads to sew onto the bodice and I think it's going to add that little oomph. 

Here's hoping that I don't fuck it up, ha!

I ordered some silver shoes (flats because let's be real here) to wear, and a veil. It's getting closer and so real yay!

It was a really great weekend, so relaxing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment