09 July 2023

good saturday

Today was gloriously lowkey.
I slept until 10, then read magazines while I drank my coffee.
After breakfast, we headed into town and ran a few errands.
Had a late lunch at the local mexican restaurant so FG could sample the fajitas and see if it's a good catering option for the engagement party.
Got home, I fell asleep for a few hours with the cat, and then we ate dinner and re-spooled all of the fishing reels. Of about 10 fishing poles, we could only use 2. They were all in various stages of old and un-spooled and missing hooks, etc. I got to learn something new and now we can just grab a pole and fish. I love that accomplishment. 

Mah invited us over at some point today, and it became a topic of conversation that once we move out here, it will become more difficult to randomly pop over. From home, it's a good 40 minutes to Mah's depending on traffic, but from the river it's at least an hour. Sure, if you plan it it's doable but last-minute plans get less realistic. Not just to go see Mah, but for anyone. Our social circle might change a lot.

OH- I got another bout of poison ivy. That plant is pure evil. At least this time it's not on my face. I think it's from when we were doing yard work and the weedeater kicked up some debris on my leg. It's just a little patch but man it's annoying. Calamine lotion isn't doing much; I think it's been too humid for it to dry properly. Dad mentioned that there's a product that worked really well for him. Gotta try that. What a pain.

The gardens (both at the river and at home) are in the beginning stages of summer survival mode. Everything wilts at mid-day, and there are blank spots that I'm tempted to fill in, but I know that anything I plant now will surely perish. I keep reminding myself that this is the time to water, fertilize, and maintain. I also think that I need to re-evaluate what gets planted in "full" sun because here, that means something entirely different  than it does everywhere else, and really only succulents thrive. At least the armadillos have been staying away from the beds lately. They are harmless little creatures (if you don't count the potential leprosy), but once they start digging up my gardens, it means war.

I got some new fabric to re-cover the pillows and also some glass beads to sew into the bodice of the wedding dress. Today got away from us, but maybe tomorrow I'll have time to start on those projects.

Or, technically today. Because it's past midnight. I guess that's what happens when you take a solid evening nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment