09 October 2007

ouchh

I am in some of the worst pain I've ever been in.
Sunday morning I woke up with a pain localized right behind my nose, where it meets my throat. It felt like congestion and I just ignored it.

Then I kept waking up Sunday night because it was hurting. During the day, I ignored it again. I've had this type of pain before and it usually goes away on its own.

Then last night I took a drowsy decongestant and an inflammatory pill, and I still couldn't sleep.
So today it got to be damn near unbearable. I called my mom and had her make me a doctor's appointment since I'd be in class. And that's saying something; I don't go to the doctor every time I'm sick. Hell, I waited two years before I saw one for my stomach. I'm a big believer in "it will fix itself, we have an immune system for a reason." I would have loved to skip class and sleep but I had a midterm in ochem lab that would be a pain to make up. So I was a trooper and stuck it out.

Oh my gosh there's no relief from this pain. I feel it constantly, but it's much worse when I swallow; it even makes me flinch. I can't numb it, otc pain pills do nothing, same for decongestants. A hot shower won't even relieve it, and hot showers fix everything!!

That and it's spreading to my ear; I keep feeling sharp pains. And the eye on that side is red. I thought I had pink eye it was so red, but I woke up with just redness this morning. The other side is completely fine.

I'm really curious to figure out what is causing me so much discomfort, and I want it to go away NOW. I'll probably just get prescribed antibiotics. I have to wait till 8am tomorrow... ugh.

I want to cry because there's nothing I can do and it hurts so bad, but I'm sure it will only make it worse.
Make it go awayyyy.

No comments:

Post a Comment