16 December 2010

Bummer dude.

You know what the biggest bummer of today was?

How about spilling coffee all over the center console of my car? Of course I add sugar so now it's sticky coffee all over my center console.  Which reminds me- I should go clean that up.
No, it was not the biggest bummer.

Was is the chemistry analyzer freezing for no reason, mid-aspiration, during a hectic must-get-results-out time, that required a complete restart including calibration and qc? Needless to say I did not meet my deadline.
Nah. That wasn't it.

Was it accidentally stepping in a mysterious sticky spot on my kitchen floor without realizing it, and tracking it around everywhere?
Nuh uh.

Standing in the unreasonably warm and painfully slow post office line for 45 minutes?
Not really.


It was why I was at the post office.

It made me so sad to have to mail Chris' Christmas gifts. I don't want to have to mail them; I want him to be here.


I love this time of year. The cold days, the snuggly nights, getting excited over gift giving and Christmas parties and cute things like mistletoe and hot cocoa and the cozy glow of christmas lights at night time.
This year I'm surviving off of text messages that I get while I'm asleep in my huge empty bed, and trying not to be jealous of couples walking blissfully hand in hand while I'm at the mall shopping for and thinking about the one I'm missing.

It sucks. (45 seconds in)

3 comments:

  1. boo. i love To Wong Foo! i'll come over and watch it with you. we can even snuggle if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does suck. I'm sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I don't care how mopey I am- To Wong Food always makes me laugh

    ReplyDelete