21 December 2010

wham bam

Running on two hours of sleep last night. Frank had people over and I could hear talking until 2am. Too bad I still had to get up at 4am. Not his fault, I don't think he realized how easily I could hear them. 

Tonight was our annual "Whole family goes out to get mom's gift."

As usual, it was a little chaotic. We all piled into my car and headed to the mall, stealthily avoiding most of the traffic. Once we're in the mall, Frank announces that he's nauseous which has me nervous, because I've narrowly avoided several frank-almost-puking-in-my-car situations.

Anyway, we power through the mall, dodging miserable person after miserable person, zipping by clueless wanderers who think they're the only person in the word, and pick up my sister at the chanel counter in Dillard's. We already know what we're getting, so we loudly clamor and pick out her gift, buy it, and head back through the mall. But first, we had to avoid a clueless old asian couple standing directly in front of the down escalator. Without missing a beat, we maneuver past much like a Flying V pattern and get the hell out of there.

Hit up another store, knowing exactly what we want. No-nonsense.

We've got this down to a science. We were back home within an hour. No one fought, no one canceled Christmas, and no one puked in my car. My mom thinks we have some master plan and the trip to the mall was a fake-out. I think it's fun to let her think that we do. :o)

Overall, not our funnest trip, but also not the worst. I can't believe Christmas is only a few days away. And I need some freaking sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment