11 April 2011

The past few days

I knew how much planning it takes for a wedding, but this is the first time I've really been actively involved. Months of planning for a few hours of fun- it's crazy. Of course things go wrong, and plenty of crises were avoided. I helped make a lot of the stuff, and it was stressful making sure the things I was responsible for did not fall apart.

The garter did not fall apart.
The cake stands did not fall apart.
 The cakes themselves were a little hectic to put together, but they did not fall apart.



 The bouquets did not fall apart.They were actually kinda fun to put together.



When Collin started to say his vows, I fell apart. I did not expect to cry.
The look on his face when he said his vows totally made the chin quiver, and when I tried not to cry, it made it worse.
I managed to compose myself, though.

The ceremony was beautiful, Ashley was absolutely stunning, and the reception was so much fun. You could tell everyone was happy and having a good time.

I loved that Chris was able to be there. He looked so handsome in his dress blues, and he was the calm and collected one when I started to get stressed out. When I got a little snippy he could have easily gotten frustrated. Instead he asked me how he could help.

I'm so thankful he was there, especially after I cut a huge gash in my finger while trying to level a frozen cake. I thought I might need stitches, but needed to finish the cakes without getting blood everywhere. A paper towel and some plastic wrap saved the day, and he helped me finish the cakes and get them out on the cake table.

I thought he was cramping my style, but the truth is that he just comes home and fits right back into the groove like he was never gone.

I don't know if it was all the excitement winding down or what, but I am crashing today. I feel like this again. Ugh, God, no. Please no.

P.S. The finger does not require stitches, but keeps breaking open and bleeds a lot. It started bleeding during the night and stained my pristine white sheets. Nooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment