03 April 2011

weekend

Good weekend. I seriously do not want to go back to work tomorrow. AT ALL.

Friday morning I went to pick up Chris at the airport, waiting in suspense for about 45 minutes at the baggage claim. When he finally arrived, we headed over to this place that my friend had seen, Mary's Gluten Free Bakery, and got some goodies. OMG. Freaking YUM.

Oh, and I totally got laid about 5 seconds after we got in the car.


Haha, actually I got "lei'd." I don't know what kind of flowers they are, but they smell amazing.

After driving around town running errands and having lunch with his mom in CS, we finally got to the beach Friday night. The lady at the hotel tried to put us in a room with two full beds instead of a king. I was like, "Um, NO bitch." It was fixed.

Had dinner poolside and spent some time at the in-the-pool bar. I love that place. It was such a pretty night and it was so chill and comfortable.

Saturday we slept in and went to the beach for a little bit, got some snowcones and enjoyed the sunshine and people watching. There was a plethora of ridiculously cute babies everywhere. It was like take your cute baby to the beach day.

There were also a bunch of these really cool rocks that someone had balanced perfectly.



We played some mini golf at this really creative place. It wasn't your typical crappy mini golf obstacles. Had dinner at Mario's on the seawall, complete with gluten free pasta and gelato. Mmm.

Today we woke up and it's one of those overcast days, perfect for laying around in bed all day. But I don't get to. Hmph. Back to laundry and paying bills, getting ready for the week.

The only downside of the weekend was this cough/ cold Chris can't seem to shake, and it sucked that he didn't feel well. After a while it got kind of annoying and I wanted to be like freaking stop coughing! And then I felt guilty just wanted him to feel better kuz I know how much it sucks when you want to enjoy yourself and you're sickly.

And it's weird. On one hand, I've gotten so used to not having him around that I feel like he's kinda cramping my style; I want to spend all my free time with him while he's here, but I kinda want to get some breathing room. And I know he was also looking forward to vegging around his house, taking care of his stuff.

Well, we both get our breathing room until Thursday, and this is going to be a superbusy week, at work and at home.

I haven't even baked any wedding cakes yet. I should get on that.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for him being home!

    Lol on him cramping your style. I remember when j and I were long distance dating i'd cry when he had to go but then also be relieved to get back to "life as usual".

    ReplyDelete