18 November 2011

dream weaver

I'm tired of having dreams about work.

I fell asleep wrapped up in an extremely cozy cocoon with my feather comforter and the cat.

Then I had horribly stressful dreams. I dreamed that we took on a ton of new homes and we had phlebotomist after phlebotomist coming in the lab to drop off rack after rack of blood. They were literally crowding around the centrifuge and piling their racks of tubes on top of each other all around the lab, wherever they can find the space. I can quickly see that there's no way that we will get all of it done in a day's time. Visions of overtime and working terribly long shifts and exhaustion dance in front of my eyes.

And the whole time they're untrained, and asking me questions and loading the centrifuge wrong so it's making a bunch of noise and wobbling all over the place. So I grab the phlebotomy manager, who in real life is kind of a smartass but overall a nice guy, and ask him to help me out with training the phlebotomists. And he just looks at me and tells me to deal with it and walks out.

Then the cat woke me up and forced me from my cocoon to be let outside. Man, I can't wait for a cat door.

But seriously, I deal with enough stress at work. Why does it have to invade my dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment