23 November 2011

surprise!!

Just... wow.

I have literally postponed writing this, trying to find the words with which to capture the sheer awesomeness. But... I just can't. Also, I've been waiting for some pictures.

I have to say, yet again, that I am incredibly lucky to know such amazing people.

Let me explain the reasons for all of this gushing-ness.

I've always wanted one, and have jokingly talked about who is going to throw me one for years, but this weekend I got a surprise birthday party!!

I love surprises, but it is very hard to surprise me. Once I find out something's going on, I can't stand it. I have to know what's going on. Especially if it's behind my back. I can usually read people and tell that they're hiding something. Or I over-analyze and think they're on to something when they're not. ... Or ARE they?? I am very impressed that they managed to surprise my paranoid, sneaky self.

But they did it, oh, so freaking good. I was shocked. Stunned. Never in a million years would I have guessed that I was walking into a surprise party. My friends are goood.

They planned for months, thought of every last detail, and panicked because they thought I had caught on. They had plan B, plan D, plan F to make sure I got there. They had secret meetings and mass emails. They almost accidentally talked about it in front of me several times. And they freaking pulled it off!!

I never had a clue!

The entire party was gluten free- sandwiches from Jason's deli, cheese balls, fruit trays, organic wine, some amazing spicy mac & cheese (Jen, I need that recipe!), brownies, I mean everything. Akhtar even baked a gluten free cake that was better than the last one. I should have grabbed a piece to take home!


There were pink and polka dot streamers and balloons



 A banner that everyone signed


Party hats, an owl pinata filled with little bottles of liquor (GENIUS!)


 A jumbo-sized Jenga game, a little booty-shakin', and a really good time.


And, AND, they all pitched in to buy me...


a new tv.
A freaking TV!
OMG THEY GOT ME A TV. A really good one.

Not to say that my old tv wasn't super awesome...


 but this is clearly a vastly superior tv.


The party was amazing, but by far I'm most touched by the amount of thought and effort everyone put into it.

I just...  no words. These people are amazing. (Plus Akhtar, who isn't pictured because he took all the pictures!)


And to be a good sport, here's a video of the surprise:


1 comment:

  1. Happy late birthday! You're awesome and you totally deserved an awesome birthday. I'm glad your friends pulled it off!

    ReplyDelete