26 July 2014

SO MUCH GOLD

The people who built this house over 30 years ago completely bought out the Gold Fixture Store.
While I like a nice bit of bling here and there, this particular room full of gold has GOT. To. Go.



Notice the gilded ceiling fan in the bedroom back there... SO MUCH GOLD.

So far we've replaced the strange choice of blinds in the shower, painted the walls a dusty blue, gave the trim a nice fresh white coat of paint, changed out the light fixtures, installed towel bars + a toilet paper holder, and replaced the faucet (which Chris said was disgusting because, well, it's 30 years worth of toothpaste caked in the pipes. Excuse me while I gag). Looking back at these pictures, I forgot how bad it really was.

Today's goal is to get all of those gold knobs off of the cabinets (plus the doorknobs) and paint them ORB. We debated buying new knobs, but figured we'd try to paint first and save a few bucks. Either way, I think it's going to make a difference.
I also want to paint the gold around the shower, but I ran out of painter's tape. If it happens, great. If not, no big deal. I'll get it next time. No idea how that will actually turn out, but I figure it's worth a shot.

This room won't get the remodel treatment for quite a while (it's in line after the first priority, the kitchen), so I'm doing my best to make it pleasant, tub-less and all.

Tomorrow morning Ashley, Calvin and I head off to see SUZE for a little San Marcos day trip. Totes stoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment