14 January 2017

don't move

Ok so recovering from surgery kinda hurts.

I woke up post-op and the first words out of my mouth were "pain" followed by "nausea." Both were addressed immediately and I was feeling much better within a few minutes. The rest of the day was spent in bed with little of that pain and nausea sprinkled in. Nothing major; I felt ok as long as I laid still and did nothing.

Woke up the next day feeling great. Of course that means I overdid it, moved around too much, and today I'm hurting.

There are 3 incisions, 2 above my hip bones, and one in my belly button, each about an inch long. No stitches, just glue. The two side wounds don't hurt at all; it's the belly button one that's really sore.

Laughing, coughing, sneezing... pretty much all movement causes pain. So again, I feel ok as long as I lay still and do nothing.

So I'll raise my glass of water and pop another painkiller to that idea. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment