10 January 2017

shifting focus

Focus. I've shifted it a bit.

It's still pointed pointed towards health, self care, and simplification, but I've got to meet mini goals in order to actually make anything happen.

Rather than expect to make a bunch of changes all at once (like lowering my carb intake and an exercise commitment), I figured I could focus on a few of these mini goals at a time.

[And in the meantime I'm going to attempt to live more in the now instead of the future where all of my goals are met.]

Mini goal #1: Cut back to 1 daily glass of wine, with dinner. 
So far, achieved. Easily. Surprisingly.
There's really no good reason to have several drinks every night, and the empty calories are crazy. Plus it's easier to wake up in the morning.

Mini goal #2: Meatless Monday.

I've done this in the past, mostly because we were poor and meat is expensive. No worries here; I do enjoy a nice bean-ful meal.Variety will be the biggest challenge.

Mini goal #3: De-clutter.
This is ongoing. The strategy is to designate a box and toss things in as I notice they're no longer needed, or when I clean something out. The box sits there for a while, long enough that we can take something out if we realize we need it. So far, nothing that's been in a box has come back out.

Side note- Exercise:
I still haven't figured out how to motivate myself to work out. It's definitely a mental thing because I've never regretted a workout, but I'm so damn lazy. And tired. But mostly lazy. Most days I hit the recommended number of steps, according to the fit bit, so that counts for something, right?


Anyway three things seems like a good enough number for the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment