19 December 2008

skinny wiener

It's 4-something on a Friday afternoon and I'm sitting here drinking a glass of wine and eating deviled eggs. Life is good.

I spent the last couple of days at work helping Jackie prepare for Christmas. She got back in town less than a week ago and is trying to decorate and get stuff ready for the family she has coming in today. We put up trees, decorated them, wrapped and shipped gifts, etc. It was a nice change from sitting at the computer.

A while back my mom won 5 free personal trainer sessions and a 1-month free gym membership but she didn't want them and gave them to me. Today I went in and met my trainer, and he seems like a really cool guy. I got measured, weighed, and pinched, then we did a few exercises to determine my "range of motion." Basically that consisted of me getting on the treadmill, and then doing some machines that made me focus on muscles I'd never even thought about, much less worked out. He was really good, though, and I actually learned a lot today.

For instance, did you know that it's safe to lose 1-2 pounds a week? Any more than that and you're losing muscle weight, which is BAD because muscle raises metabolism. Low metabolism is not good for losing weight. And, you can lose up to .5 % of body fat a week. My "goal" he set is to do just that, but I seriously doubt that's going to happen... My goals don't really focus on percentages or pounds. I just want to get toned up and fit again. Maybe lose that tummy roll in the process.

I have my first "real" training session Monday so we'll see how much my ass hurts after that.

SKINNY WIENERS comes from this: Heavyweights, possibly the best movie ever.
(start it at around 3 minutes)

2 comments:

  1. yea, that's pretty good, but Zoolander is better...I'm hopping on the fitness bandwagon too! I haven't worked out in freakin' 6mos!!! My goal is to drop 20 lbs in 6 months...let's see what happens...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A glass of wine and deviled eggs. That sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete