30 December 2008

stress!

ok. so.

Yesterday was my interview. It was very cool touring all of the labs and hearing more about the program.

The thing is... They only accept 4 people. When I heard that my heart kinda fell.
I interviewed with two different people, and one person sounded more enthusiastic than the other one... so, I dunno. We'll see. I say no hopes are up, but I really like the sound of their program. I have an interview for Hospital A next week, and their program is a little different than the other hospital's.

When I was being interviewed, I realized that I really do need a backup plan. If I don't get accepted then I'll just keep taking classes towards a bio degree, then try again next year. Cal 2 and Genetics Lab are classes I SEVERELY don't want to take, but if it comes down to it, what choice do I have? I have to meet with my advisor and see what's going on with that- a JOY in itself...

Which brings up another point: I have to get my taxes done in order to fill out the federal form for financial aid. But I've been sub-contracted this whole year and this is a whole new ballpark as far as what that means tax-wise. I may be screwed.

On the plus side, pizza fusion (the GF pizza place) opened in Houston and Chris and I are going there tonight to stuff our faces.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you! and enjoy your pizza! Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've filed as a self employed contractor for the last 2 years; I know all about schedule c's and form SE...let me know if you have any questions!!! Oh, and I hope you have bunches of receipts!

    ReplyDelete