01 December 2008

twenty four

So, another birthday has come and gone. It was actually a great day. The weather was great, and I had a great hair day.

I woke up, ate some cereal and had some coffee, then got ready to head to the mall.
Yes, the mall. But it was Sunday and it was right when it opened and everyone was still at church. We even would up leaving right as it was gettin busy, so we missed it all. It was a breeze.

We went to Dillard's and Macy's and my mom, me, Ash and Suzy went on a bra-shopping bonanza. I found my size in a "designer" section, -but- I found my size and I bought two bras: One beige and one black.

I did some research to double-check my size, and I read that the support is supposed to come from the band, not the straps. So you get the smallest band you can (and it's comfortable), and hook it on the last size so as they get old and stretch you can still make it smaller. Makes sense to me.

These bras feel amazing. I noticed when I took it off after wearing it all day that there were no red strap marks on my shoulders. I'm never buying the wrong size again!

After the mall we went home and I made my birthday cheesecake and took a nap.

I had a few close friends over for pizza and cake, and it was real laid-back and nice.

The only thing about it is, Chris didn't come. About an hour before, he called me. He was in one of his "moods" and didn't feel like socializing, and it really hurt my feelings. I was super disappointed and got mad instead of being understanding, because I'd mentioned it several times beforehand how much I wanted him there. It seems like he bails at the last minute a lot when it's important to me that he be there.

Nevertheless, it was fun having a few close friends there. I felt loved and special. :o)

Chris and I ended up talking last night for a couple hours, and I just don't know what's going to happen with that. Kinda puts a damper on things.
One day at a time, I guess.

This week I have three tests, one quiz and a lab report. I already turned in a paper today. So, it will be busy, but if I do well enough to skip finals this will be my last week of school.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    Sounds like all and all it was a fun and relaxing day!

    And good luck on your tests, I hope your brain is in super memory mode when you go to take them!

    ReplyDelete