21 December 2008

tick tock

Seren's graduation party was a blast. Everyone dressed up and looked FAB. She really knows how to throw a party.

The only glitch in my evening was the fact that Chris failed to show up. I was really looking forward to it, and I told him I'd like it if he went but wasn't going to force him to go. The last thing I wanted was to bring a sulking boyfriend to the party.

Before I left for the party, all dressed up, my mom took a picture and my dad asked me if Chris was picking me up. You know, like what a normal boyfriend would do. It made me sad, because he bails a lot on special occasions and I can't really count on him, time and time again.

Nevertheless, I have learned not to let his absences and inconsiderations spoil my evenings, and I did have a great time. I am just letting it sink in slowly that I do deserve much better from a relationship. Whether he steps up or someone else provides it, only time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. It is so good to see that you can find your own happiness without depending on someone else. I have seen people sulk around and just give up on life waiting for that someone to make them happy.

    ReplyDelete