24 March 2009

food is my friend

I am one of those emotional eaters you hear about. When I am sad or lonely, I stuff my face. I'm not hungry but I have a strong desire to munch. And I choose foods that aren't filling so I can just mindlessly pop them into my mouth. It doesn't make me feel better, though. It makes me feel gross, guilty, and even more miserable- with a strange psychological comforting effect. Something I should probably watch that it doesn't turn into an eating disorder one day.

I have been yo-yo-ing between working out and feeling skinny and fit and fab, and stuffing my face and feeling like a worthless, bloated blob. I guess it goes with my mood. It fluctuates day to day as I'm figuring shit out and making pretty big changes in my life.

I have been trying to steer away from the mindless eating, using incredible willpower not to buy my go-to foods. If they're not around, I won't eat them. I'm really trying to treat myself healthier and eat less crap. It has not been easy lately. I will eat nothing but sugar and candy all day if I don't consciously control myself.

I'm not worried too much, because I know it will pass before I really do get out of control. Besides, the image from Death Becomes Her always comes to mind... frosting straight from the can... and makes me put down the box of Hot Tamales. (By the way, I have not caved and bought any. Yay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment