09 March 2009

trudge

While I was over at Tony's yesterday doing my taxes, we started talking about school. I am so sick of school. This semester, I have no motivation to apply myself. I'll be happy with C's; I don't care anymore. Just get it OVER with.

Speaking of taxes, with Tony's help I got mine done last night. I filled out my fafsa and sent that in, too. Woo! Big cross-off on my perpetual to-do list. I owe the IRS $580, which is less than I thought it'd be so another wooo. Now I get to make him crawfish etoufee in return, which is really a win-win for me, haha.

The cat pee saga: I put vinegar on the seat to neutralize the ammonia, and when I sniffed the seat I could smell vinegar + cat pee. Arg. I tried to rinse out the vinegar as best I could, but it wasn't coming completely out. I let that dry for a couple days before I tried something else.

Three people recommended this stuff called Nature's Miracle so I bought a bottle at Petsmart. By the way, there's a spray bottle that costs as much as a regular bottle without a spray nozzle, but you get WAY more in the regular bottle for the same price. Just FYI.

So anyway, I took that and poured about half the bottle into my seat, saturating it really good. The bottle says you have to wait for it to dry for the smell to be all gone, and it might take up to two weeks to dry. Especially since I really poured it on there. You just kinda let it sit and wait for the enzymes to eat it up. There's not a distinct cat pee smell in my car, but it still smells sort of vinegar-y. I'm hoping that goes away eventually...

My bosses are moving to Arizona today, and we'll see how things pan out from here.

I'm thinking that I really need a hobby. I can't keep going through my life doing the same old, pointless things. I wake up, go to class, go to work, then come home and study or watch tv and surf the internet. How un-fulfilling.
I miss my friends and I miss doing things that I used to have time to enjoy. Since I'm not focusing on studying so much this semester, I might as well have some fun.
My sister Suzy is taking an apparel class in school and she's making this really cute sundress. It's made me want to start sewing again. Maybe I'll bust out the ole sewing machine and give it a shot.

It's going to be a weird next couple of weeks as I do a lot of adjusting. One day at a time...

3 comments:

  1. i feel you on the monotony of a daily routine and missing friends. i'm up for hanging out and adventures! also trying to find a nice safe hobby i can invest myself in since dancing is not a good option at this time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. have u ever used turbotax.com for the free tax stuff? i like it

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't used turbotax... i usually have my parent's cpa do it or i do it myself.

    and think of a good cheap hobby!

    ReplyDelete