23 March 2009

They're back!


See, I've never been scared of spiders. But these... these are larger than average. They're mutant. And they just look scary. They don't build webs; they hunt for food. And they live in my kitchen. And they get bigger as the days get warmer. I'm sorry- that's creepy.

If you were around last year, right around this time, you are familiar with the spider saga. If you're not, bring yourself up to speed with This , This, and This.

I went a whole winter without seeing these suckers, but it looks like they're back. This weekend I saw one and my dad caught it and took it outside. Then I walked into my kitchen tonight and saw this:



After a while she must have chomped enough, because I went back to find it curled up like they do when they die. When I tried to pick it up and put it in the trash, it started crawling-- no, dragging itself across the floor. I mean it- it was crawling with its front legs and the back ones were dragging behind it. Longgg legs.

Spiders with that much determination tell me I'm in for quite a summer.

1 comment:

  1. Oh you poor, poor thing. Yuck. I detest spiders of all sizes, and I would not be able to go on living in my house if I saw one like that.

    But I'm proud of your killer cat; Go Pumpkin, GO!!!! I don't understand why the stupid spider didn't run away though, Pumpkin was taking her sweet time with it!

    ReplyDelete