11 November 2009

coffeemakers & curse words

I've had my coffeemaker for over a year, and this is the first time I've set the "delayed brew" function. I was always scared it would start a fire or something. I'm sure they've tested it to make sure that doesn't happen, but I vaguely remember hearing a story when I was a kid about a house that was burned down on Christmas morning because of the delayed brew function on a coffeemaker. I don't even know if that's actually what happened, or that's what my kid-head assumed happened. Anyway, I have come to equate coffeemaker timers with sudden, firey Christmas doom. Why did I finally use it? Dunno, I guess to challenge my superstition and I thought it'd be neat to wake up to the smell of coffee. No, I thought the smell of coffee might help me drag my ass out of bed. Still not any more of a morning person... I'll keep ya'll posted...

I'm eating cinnamon chex for breakfast this morning, thanks to my awesome brother and sister who brought me some back from Food Town. I went from having a little cushion to being broke once again. I took out what I normally take out in loans, but I forgot to take into account the fact that I'm not working this semester. I'm going to be barely making it by the end of the year. Everyone's getting baked goods for gifts! Unless I can get a job for two weeks during my break. God, not retail...

I have an academic advising meeting with my instructor this morning. Hope that goes well. I think she'll just tell me that my grades are ok, to finish up my sticks, and make sure I'm on track for graduation. Oh, and tell me not to curse in lab. Yesterday I spilled something during a test we were performing and I said, "Shit!" Of course she had to be standing right in front of me. Not the worst thing to happen, but certainly not the most professional. I felt like a dope either way, especially when she (jokingly?) brought up later something about her "ears being assaulted." I'm probably thinking too much about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment