24 June 2010

boomchicka

I could go to sleep right now (actually about 2 hours ago) and sleep allll night and not want to wake up in the morning.

I did the dishes only because they were overflowing out of the sink. Then I made pizza and created more dishes. *sigh*

I pulled up a carrot to see if they were even growing, and look!

It's so tiny, but at least they're not dried up and dead... yet. The onions are still up in the air but I read that when the top stalks dry up the onions are mature. One is starting to dry up so I'll probably get curious enough soon and pull it up.

Got a compliment yesterday. I was talking to one of the people that works in the micro lab. She actually graduated two years ago from the same program. She said that all the techs are very impressed with how good we are, and our enthusiasm.
Hellz yeah. And I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'd like to work in a micro lab. Once you're exposed to it, things start to click and sink in. It's actually really cool being able to look at a plate covered with normal flora and pick out the pathogen by how it looks.

And sometimes by how it smells. Pseudomonas aeruginosa smells like grape or tortilla. Yes, it can smell like both and it can really hit you when you open the plate. Proteus mirabilis swarms the plate and looks really cool. Haemophilus smells like ass. Not really, but it has a distinctive smell that is pretty nasty. Strep pneumo is small, and kinda caves in at the center. Eikenella smells like bleach (or semen, according to one tech lol).

I just totally went off on a micro tangent.

I have to wait for the hot water heater to do it's thing before I take a shower because I used it all up doing dishes...

No comments:

Post a Comment