15 June 2010

rain

There have been two times in my life where I was walking in the rain without an umbrella, and someone drove next to the curb and splashed water onto me, like in some pitiful scene in a movie.

One of those times was when I was in 5th grade and I normally walked home. When it rained I usually got picked up at some point, but that particular day mom was babysitting and there weren't enough seat belts for all the kids and they were too young to be left alone. So, I was walking home in the rain all cold and pissed off when some shitfucker purposefully swerved to splash nasty road water all over me, adding insult to injury. I was crushed and I cried the rest of the way home.

The second time was today. It's about a 10-minute walk from the hospital to the parking garage, and I got caught in a downpour without an umbrella. I had barely left the hospital but I was soaked within seconds and there was no point in turning back, so I kept walking. And yes, some fucker splashed water on me. I wanted so badly to flick him off, because you know his ass checked the rear view mirror, but I couldn't forget that I was representing Hospital A and I just let it go. Besides, I wasn't all pissed off or cold this time. It was just one of those things.

2 things to note about walking in the rain:

1. That rainwater really stings when it runs into your eyes, and the glasses situation made it horrible to see. Reason # 325 why I need to buy some more contacts.
2. I was SO thankful that I wore black scrubs today. I was soaked and they were practically glued to my skin.

Of course once I got to the parking garage it had stopped raining and it was perfectly sunny the entire way home.

Now my car seat is soaked and I'm really hoping it dries out. And my shoes are soaked too and they need a run in the dryer...

Oh, and today I looked like a complete dumbass when I was asked the most important biochemical reactions for enterics and I had absolutely no idea. For the record, they're oxidase negative, glucose fermenters, and nitrate reducing. You can bet I won't forget them now.

I'm predicting an early-ass bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment