12 June 2010

shorts

Today I went shopping for shorts. For some reason all of the shorts I wore last year are too small and digging in all over the place. Muffin top? I didn't gain that much weight, so I guess I dressed much hoochier a year ago than I do now.

Anyway, shorts. Apparently there are only a few categories of shorts for sale: Skanky, Lesbian, and Hobo. Either they're way too short, way too long, or all distressed and torn up. Don't even get me started on the ones that are all bedazzled with extra hardware and crap. I couldn't find a plain pair of modest shorts that didn't cost $80.

I settled on some shorts that are slightly skanky but I did the "bend over" test and my ass did not hang out. What I really want are some mid-length, classy shorts.

Maybe something like these, except with my non-model legs, a 4-inch inseam would be just fine.

Or these

Or even something a little longer like these or these.

The problem with these types of shorts is that they're sold in the women's section, and those sizes often don't go small enough for my non-hips. Also, they tend to be more expensive. I guess all that "extra fabric" really costs a lot.

Sooo I guess the hunt for shorts is still on.

I did find a cute dress at Ross for only $10. I tried on an amazingly pretty yellow dress that was perfect except for the lack of room up top. So I sadly put it back.


How'd you like to be this cozy?

No comments:

Post a Comment