05 February 2011

beautimous

I have never had problems with dandruff or itchy scalp, until one summer a few years ago I got sunburned along my part. It's long since healed, but ever since then I've had random itchyness in that area of my head, and sometimes just random itchiness all over. (No, there are no parasites on my head. I've checked.)

I've tried washing my hair more, washing it less, using conditioner on my scalp, trying different shampoos/conditioners, changing my part for a while, and it's still just a little itchy.

But. After reading a tip from this lovely blog, I tried olive oil. About once a week or so I just pour a little warm olive oil on my hands and massage it into my scalp and my ends. Then I cover it with a shower cap and chill for 30 minutes. When I shower I wash and condition like normal, and the dryness/itchiness has improved. Also, my hair's really freaking soft. You know I have a thing for really soft hair.

Also, I rubbed it on a few dry spots of skin and man that stuff works!

No comments:

Post a Comment