29 October 2011

bumblebee happenings

Man. Going out on Friday nights after work is hard. I didn't even need to drink- as Missy so tipsily put it in the bathroom line, I was more 'punch-drunk' than anything. But I had a great time.

Attended the HMNS' spin on mixers and elixirs: Spirits & Skeletons.

It was a people-watching smorgasbord. Fantastic costumes. Beetlejuice, Ted Mosby, a Super Trooper cop complete with bottle of syrup, Duffman, an amazing zebra, PanAm stewardesses and a pilot, asian guy dressing up as the kid from UP (complete with balloons), two very good oompa loompas, the mayhem guy... the list goes on.

Good music, the place was freaking packed, and the crowd was very energetic and friendly. I was beyond amused at how big of a hit Akhtar's sunflower costume was.

AND, AND- I got "damned." We were walking through the crowd when Missy goes,
"Jacobi! You just got Damned!" And I was all,
"What?" And she goes,
"You walked by and this guy looked at you and went, "Damn!"
Niiice. No, really. I don't get hit on very often, except from the two guys at work. This particular guy must have had a thing for not-that-slutty bumblebees with glasses.



On the slutty note, not that many girls were slutted out- only a couple that I saw that were a little too skimpy- but they had the bodies for it, so... eh.

The dark side of the moon show at the planetarium was overrated. You could get a similar effect from that feature on windows media player. I fell asleep.

Then when I got home, I was hungry but more tired so I crashed into bed and dreamed of owning a restaurant where my assistants refused to peel potatoes. Then I woke up to a text message from Ashley and a cat sitting on my belly. And after talking to her (Ashley, not the cat) I realized I was starving, so I got up.

And also, the wonder cat is limping around here like she's milking it. Her paw is not swollen so I'm thinking she just jumped off something wrong. And she's also got a mysterious new bald spot right above her eye. Oy, cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment