02 October 2012

quick: exercise and relationships

Yesterday I decided to change up my walking exercise and inserted a run. I made it about 3 minutes.

Today I was sore, and I thought, "If I run again maybe it will work out the soreness." So I did the same thing, and made it another 3-ish minutes.

That idea was full of nothing but LIES. I'm still sore. Possibly more so.

My old lady hip that got messed up several months ago during a cartwheel [something I'm clearly too old for] is bothering me more, too.

However, in the midst of aches and pains, I feel like I'm doing something good for myself. I like to remind myself that I've never regretted a workout; I've only regretted skipping them. Lately I like to imagine my heart beating stronger, the blood cells speeding through vessels, and focus on how every breath literally brings life to all these cells that have been just kinda hanging out all day. It's like they're like, "Yay! Something to do!" Just like how Andrea likes to say that when we pull up to the McDonald's drive thru all our fat cells go, "Yay!!" But... opposite, haha.


Topic change:

Startling realization: Every time that I ask Chris to do something, the automatic response is "Yes" or "Ok" or something in the affirmative. Which always makes me think, "Hey that was easy!"

Then you know what? It doesn't get done until many more repeated questions and affirmative responses later. But I hardly even notice that because he always says ok and I always think about how easy that was! Sneaky psychological mind tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment