02 October 2014

Nexplanon Adventures: Conclusion

Last week I had the nexplanon removed. I made it about 10 months but the side effects sucked. I mean, I knew that I didn't love having to take drugs to combat the side effects of this birth control, but I gave it the college try. Ultimately it just wasn't working for me, and to top it off I started spotting again. A few weeks ago I actually started bleeding as heavy as a regular period. Not cool for someone who hasn't carried around womanly supplies for several years.
Rather than try something else I decided I'd had enough. I was not ready to try testosterone cream; they give that to post-menopausal women! I'm not even 30!

So, just like with the IUD, the removal was not bad at all. They numbed the area and cut it out. Took about 2 minutes. No bruising this time, just the same deal where you wait until the bandaid falls off and that's about it.

In the meantime, since I still don't want to have babies, my gyno suggested the Nuvaring. I was immediately skeptical but I don't want to go back on the pill and I've pretty much exhausted my other options, so I just said okay. More on that later.

1 comment:

  1. careful with the nuvaring! I know several girls who have said they really didn't like it & say it shifts around often

    ReplyDelete