24 March 2008

celiac related triumph

I was so excited to find Celiac Disease groups on Facebook. Like really excited. There was a list of "you know you're celiac when..." and some just made me go, YES! I know!!

For instance, bringing food with you on an overnight trip, reading the ingredient label on tea, that's right. Plain tea. Just in case. How about wanting to kill the family member who put a crumb-and-gluten-filled knife in your peanut butter? This one was my favorite and made me laugh so hard: "your friend invites you over for your birthday and wants to make you a gluten free birthday cake, but you plead with them not to, because although you're trying to seem like you don't want to put them through the hassle, you're secretly terrified of cross contamination..." LOL.

And there's like, a bunch of people in these groups. Because, although they say that there are lots of people who suffer from this, I don't really know that many and can't really relate to anyone. It's been 4 months now and it's smoother, but still difficult sometimes. This just kinda lifted my spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment