01 January 2009

i resolve

It's that time of year again. Time to make resolutions.

First, the usual:

1. Exercise regularly. I get really good at this during school breaks, but when the semester starts it goes down the drain. There is no excuse not to utilize the awesome gym membership that comes with my tuition and fees. I'm thinking twice a week, minimum.

2. My diet. I eat a lot of junk food. A lot of sugar. Now that I have this gluten free diet down, I need to focus on nutrition. I want to cook more and bake less. Thinking about consulting a nutritionist as well.
I'm also going to be more diligent about keeping my diet gluten free. If my salad comes with croutons after I specifically ask for none, I am going to say something instead of picking them off and hoping for the best. Instead of assuming that the small things are okay, I'm going to ask.

3. Manage my money better and use my credit card less. This past year I've kept a spreadsheet of all my spending and I can easily categorize it and see where I'm overspending.

Now, anything more than that requires a retrospective look into where my life has gone this past year. I feel like I have my priorities in order and there aren't many things I want to change. There aren't many things I -can- change right now, because the big things are not really in my control. I'm just kind of floating on the river of the plans that I've made. I don't want to change the path, I'm just impatient.

With that, I hope this year will be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment