22 February 2009

cats, tummies, cooking, and emotionals

I have discovered that Pumpkin likes grits. They are pretty good. Now she's tearing around the place with that wild-eyed cat look. And for the record, I'm not one of those people that lets my cat eat out of my bowl or anything. Remember I'm a germophobe and that's gross.

My tummy is upset, and has been pretty consistently upset for a while now. It seems like nothing I eat is sitting quite right. I haven't been cheating on the gluten, and I've been laying off of the sweets and junk food. Been cooking. In the past week I've made red beans & rice, tortilla soup, a chicken, rice & spinach casserole that was REALLY good, cranberry orange muffins, and some cupcakes that didn't quite turn out right. Still getting the hang of this gluten free baking.

What gives? Five hundred dollars, 2 vials of blood, and 42 pin pricks on my back tells it's not an allergy, but maybe I just need to pay more attention to what foods don't like me.

Maybe I'm just doomed to be plagued with these issues forever. I've been dealing with it for years anyway. Whatever the case, hopefully things start leveling out soon.

Anyway, now that we have yet another blog of me bitching about my stomach, let's move on.

Thursday I had a psych exam
Friday I had my cal 2 exam
tomorrow I have my evolutionary exam
this Thursday I have a biodiversity exam
and Friday my biodiversity project topic is due.

I know I did well in psych, and I got 45 out of 50 on the cal 2 multiple choice. Jury's still out on the short answer, but I know I didn't completely bomb any of them. That's the thing with math. You know if you did good or bad because you can't really BS your way through it.

I'm feeling okay about my other exams, but am at a complete loss for the project topic. Any suggestions? It just has to be about biodiversity and can be either a project or a paper. I'm leaning towards a paper because that can be knocked out pretty quickly.

And, I think I've jumped another hurdle in my emotionals. Feelin' okay about things right now. Sometimes you just need a little breakdown to clear the air. Freaking one day at a time ya'll.

I'm also feeling like I'm in the mood for a creative project. One that I actually finish maybe? I'm not sure what I want to do yet. Maybe get some fabric and fix that old quilt my grandma made me when I was a kid and it's all ripped to shreds from love. Grab a canvas and paint something? I dunno yet.

One last tidbit, and I told her I was putting this in here:
The other night my mom, ash and I were sitting on the couch and my mom kept commenting that she smelled something funny. Now, I have the nose that smells everything and I didn't smell anything, so I told her it must be her upper lip. You've heard that phrase, right?
Well anyway, she grabs her upper lip and takes a big sniff and said, "Well, maybe. I am wearing a new night cream."
At that point me and ashley are cracking up because when someone says that, it's not actually supposed to be your lip. It's just something you say. And then the over-dramatic sniffing of the lip was so comical. Maybe you had to be there... haha.

2 comments:

  1. Shoot, it's too bad that even after figuring out the gluten thing there is something else that pisses off your body. I've been getting really bad stomachaches out of nowhere for years now. I've tried journaling the food I've eaten 24 hours before each one and I have yet to find any kind of a pattern. Thankfully, I only get one every few months or so, but it's still aggravating. I should go in for tests but it just sounds so frustrating, time consuming, and expensive. I hope you eventually find out what your trigger is!

    Oh, and for your biodiversity thing, you could do a paper on the Cambrian Explosion, or the Edicaran fauna. Those are both classics when you talk about crazy biodiversity of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you should do for your biodiversity paper... The Probable Existence of Elephants in South America!

    ReplyDelete