16 September 2009

financial PAIN-in-my-ass

So, I'm kinda worried.

I have tried to be very patient. It is about a month into school and I still do not have any financial aid. I don't even know how much I'm getting.

I have called the financial aid office many times. Sometimes I am able to talk to the lady handling my account, and sometimes I have to leave a voicemail which she never returns. Same goes for emails. It's like my messages go into a black hole.

When she's not in the office, sometimes I can talk to someone else. About half the time I get, "Your award letter is ready to be mailed. You should get it in the mail some time this week." The other half I get, "It's still under review."

Um, okay. Because that makes sense.

I was able to max out my credit card paying the first tuition installment, but the next payment is due next week and I keep getting dicked around.
I honestly don't know what I'm going to do if I don't get the money by then. I'm not working and I don't have any more room on my credit card. I'm not spending any extra money at all, and my meager savings will only cover my car/cell payment for so long.

I don't understand why this is taking so long and why I'm being told two different things. I sent an email to one of the people that is a little higher on the food chain than the lady I've been talking to, and hopefully soon I can get some answers.

Cross your fingers, send good vibes, prayers, etc, because this effing blows. I don't need to worry about this AND my mountians of schoolwork.

1 comment:

  1. When I was in school I had financial aid issues one semester and I had to go to the office and basically force them to help me. I decided I wasn't going to leave until things were taken care of so go in there, keep asking questions and keep asking to talk to someone else until you can get them. Demand they help you and give you an answer, otherwise they'll keep brushing you off. Good luck, it's major stress no one needs.

    ReplyDelete