07 September 2009

FOOOD

Look! Something is growing besides leaves! *jumps up and down and claps*

Sure took it damn long enough. This is the pepper plant that hung in there all summer.

After the zucchini died, I planted some more seeds in a different spot. That plant also has something similar growing on it.
I replanted some peas and they're growing too, but they're not doing so great. Either way, my hopes have been restored that maybe I'll grow something!

I ate some really good meals and slept a lot this weekend. I feel so refreshed and ready to take on this sure-to-be overwhelming week.

I am -still- waiting for the financial aid office to get their shit together (don't even get me started), so I'm low on groceries. I've been eating quick breakfasts, packing really random lunches, and grabbing what I can for dinner. I will have no problem shedding that little extra weight I put on this summer, but a hungry belly does not lead to a happy jacobi.

Friday I indulged in nachos at the football game. They made my stomach hurt, but man they hit the spot.

Saturday I had oatmeal with flax and cinnamon sugar for breakfast, some soup for lunch, and Eduardo's for dinner. We go there a lot and tip really well, and I always order the same thing. Our waiter knew my order by heart: crispy chicken taco with rice & beans. SO satisfying.

Sunday I woke up and lazed around till about 1, then cooked a really yummy pancake and breakfast taco breakfast. I let that digest, then went to Missy's for her mom's famous enchiladas, beans, and rice. I also had a great appetizer of blue corn chips, avocado, and salsa, and a yummy dessert of [GF!] yellow cake with fresh berries & whipped cream. I had a food baby for sure, and I even got a take-home meal! I <3 Missy's mom.

This morning I whipped up some cinnamon vanilla waffles and topped them with lite whipped cream and fresh strawberries. I think I will resist the urge to eat the enchilada feast for dinner, and bring them for a decent lunch tomorrow. Besides, I think my dad will grill tonight and my mom will make a huge awesome salad.

Even though I ate a lot this weekend, none of it was super un-healthy. Except for the nachos, everything was freshly prepared or home-cooked. Eduardo's was full of veggies and protein, Missy's mom cooks with that healthy oil, the oatmeal and flax were full of fiber and whole grains, and when I made the waffles and pancakes I used whole grain flour and didn't add any sugar. It could have been worse for sure.

Then, I will make these and totally indulge. They're so freaking good, the first batch out of the oven never has time to cool before they're gobbled up.

Well, I now have a very happy belly and I hope I've made you hungry.
Happy Labor Day and bring on the week! *rawr*

No comments:

Post a Comment