04 September 2009

friday mayun

What a week. Most days I felt overwhelmed and exhausted, but I'm also learning a lot too. Yesterday we spent the whole day at microscopes, trying to tell the difference between cells. Some are pretty easy, but some are... not so easy. They kinda all look the same and there are subtle differences between them. The instructor -promises- that it will become second nature. I can't wait for that.

Even though I am so tired I'm not discouraged becuse I'm actually doing what I want to be doing, instead of learning bullshit I don't care about. Yay! I even got to look at my own blood, which was really cool.

A strange little thing:
Yesterday we were leaving and we took the elevator to the student lounge. When we got off, I glanced in the elevator next to us, and there was a stretcher in there. I tried to subtly crane my neck to get a better look, and out of the corner of my eye I swear it looked like a body under the covers.

Then, when we were walking across the street, a hearse came out of the loading dock that is right next to the school of health professions, and the guy driving was the same guy in the elevator with the stretcher. It was a body. I forget we use the staff/ service elevators and never even thought about bodies being transported through there. Not something you see every day...

We finished class earlier than scheduled today, and I'm not sure what to do with my evening. Study? Go see that movie? Make a headband? Cheer on the coogs, go see Sue be the mascot and Luke run the flag at the football game? Lay around and watch tv? Get some sleep? Don't know yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment