12 September 2009

sleep, hobbies

After that baking soda post, I thought, "Wow. I'm a loser. I'm writing about baking soda." It doesn't make me love baking soda any less, but it does remind me that I kinda have no life right now. These past few weeks my life has consisted of school, sleep, and occasionally hanging out with my friends. Mostly going to school, coming home, and trying to study before I get too tired to retain anything.

Although I'm loving school, it's super tiring and we get a TON of information every day. Like I said, it's overwhelming. But I love it. Strange dynamic. So, I have a feeling my blog posts are going to consist of: Today I learned how to perform a saline replacement for lipemic or icteric specimens. Or: Today I learned how to determine hematocrit and red blood cell indices. Super cool for me, not so interesting for you normal non-dorky, non-lab-loving folks. I apologize.

This type of lifestyle, as practical as it is, is going to get old and I'm going to burn out real quick. Once I get used to this new "getting up before dawn" sleep schedule, I need a cheap, interesting hobby that doesn't take up too much time.

I'm also thinking that I'm going to make myself take a break from studying one night a week. Make it my designated "fuck schoolwork" time. Obviously, I can't plan this the night before an exam, and we have exams every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I'm thinking Saturday night would work. I just need to get away from my desk, away from my computer, away from my books, and actually spend time with my friends.

I think the biggest problem is that I'm NOT used to getting up at 5am. I'm the type of girl who needs her full 8 hours, so that means getting to bed at 9. It's been getting easier to go to sleep at 9, because I'm so exhausted I hit the pillow and sleep hard till my alarm goes off.

Then on the weekends I stay up late like normal, and sleep in until noon. That can't be helping, and I need to keep my weekend schedule closer to my weekday schedule. Last night I went to bed at 11 and I woke up this morning at 8. I'm still so tired that I did some laundry and forgot to put soap in it. Oops, haha.

I think things will start to get easier soon.

1 comment:

  1. I feel you on the waking up thing. I remember going to bed as early as 7pm in the hopes that mornings wouldn't suck so bad. They still did. Who decided to make beds so cozy!

    ReplyDelete