18 March 2010

biscuits & why I've been drinking this week

My biscuits did not rise. I checked the baking powder and followed the recipe, but they turned out like little flat cookies. They were still light and biscuit-like, and were really tasty... just flat. Hm, puzzling. I bet it has something to do with the gluten free-ness. I have better luck with drop biscuits, but the ones you roll out look so much prettier. Guess I'll stick to drop biscuits.

Enough about biscuits. Wait- one more thing about the biscuits. I went grocery shopping at the beginning of the month and vowed not to spend any more on groceries for the rest of the month. Well, it was more of a necessity than a vow. My mid-semester ass is broke again- surprise! So anyway, I ran out of breakfast-y foods, but instead of buying more I'm using what I have to feed myself. Way to clean out that pantry. So that's where the biscuits came from. I'm having them for breakfast tomorrow. I'm also hoping to clean out the freezer. I don't even know what's in there, much less what's in there that's edible.

What a freaking long week. Micro lab is a clusterfuck. It would be fun if it wasn't so disorganized and frustrating and we knew what we were doing. My sleep schedule is all jacked up, what with spring break and the time change. I can't go to sleep early and by morning I'm dragging myself out of bed. Like I said, long week.

I'm especially glad that it's Friday tomorrow, but Monday's exam is there in the distance waiting to taint my weekend.

4 1/2 months!

1 comment: