03 June 2016

pumpykins is ok!


This sweet 13-year-old kitty's organs functioned well enough this morning for her to undergo anesthesia.

They pulled a tooth that had splintered and exposed a nerve, which was completely unknown to us until she was put under. The tooth we originally assumed was bothering her simply had a little tartar scraped off. That's the thing with animals; they can't tell you what's wrong, and you don't know what's wrong until you can get a good look under sedation. I'm glad I trusted my gut and have had her teeth looked at periodically over the past few years.

Poor kitty. That HAD to be painful. Hopefully she'll be feeling better soon. I think this is the last time we'll be able to do any dental-related procedures in her lifetime. She's on a new expensive high-protein, low-carb diet that is more geared towards oral health, so here's hoping there are no more issues!

I'm so glad we got this resolved successfully. I've really been worrying about this. One more thing under the bridge, and I get to keep my kitty for little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment