07 June 2009

creepy?

I was a little wierded out by the thought of house-sitting and sleeping in a strange house, all alone. When I got back to the house that evening, my ears started pounding and my head felt 3 times its normal size. I'd managed to dope myself up enough to have fun swimming all day, but I was definitely feeling it. Being sick in someone else's house? Ughh.

The first thing I did was close all the drapes. That house has a ton of huge windows and it especially creeped me out that the front door was glass with only some gauzy curtains. I didn't know where to park it, so I headed upstairs. I figured I'd fall asleep watching some dumb movie. I looked through the dvds, but none screamed, "watch me!" I flipped through the tv channels, and landed on Spongebob. Seriously, there was nothing on. After a little while I decided to head back downstairs and watch tv in the living room. I grabbed my blanket and pillow, and dozed off for a couple of hours.

One of the dogs started barking, which totally freaked me out. My heart was racing thinking of some burgler or pervert who chose that night to break in. Of course, nothing was there. After my doze, my head was hurting way less, so I figured I'd try sleeping in one of the beds. The only one that I knew for sure had clean sheets was the master bed, because I'd taken them out of the dryer and put them on. Tony, I remembered our conversation about hotel comforters, and noticed that it was only the sheets that had been washed. I'm glad I brought my own blanket, haha. I laid down in bed, only feeling a little creeped out about sleeping in someone else's bed, and I was glad I also brought my own pillow.

I fell asleep, then for some reason at 1230 I woke up, thinking that my phone was ringing. When I woke up enough, I realized that it hadn't rang, and wondered if I heard a different noise that woke me up, like someone in the house or something. My glasses were off so all I was seeing were fuzzy shadows. None immediately looked like a human shape, and I figured if there was someone in the house, the dogs would bark. I settled down again. It's wierd how different noises sound differently in different houses. The ice machine in the kitchen, the AC kicking on, the strange little settling noises, all that stuff.

Just as I was getting to sleep again, my phone actually rang and scared the shit out of me. It was Suzy, making sure I'd be there to take her to school at 830 for cheer camp. I think she mentioned something about Blink 182 pit tickets being sold out as well. Anyway, after that I went back to sleep.

I kept waking up every couple hours to clear my sinuses, and I had to fidget around a bit to get my heating pad under my neck, which was sore.

Finally, my alarm went off at 730. It was one of those times where I was glad to see morning because the night sucked so much. I got up, let the dogs out, and got ready to leave when my phone rang again. It was my mom, saying that they'd gotten in at 3am from Austin and she was going to take my sister to school.

I laid back down, and only then did I start to appreciate the comfiness of that bed. I think they have one of those pillow-top beds. I crashed hard for about an hour, then I woke up again because of my damn sinuses. I needed the comforts of home and a hot shower.

Only 8 more days of this! Hopefully I'll feel better soon and then it'll be easier to sleep. I will say that the dogs bug me WAY less in the middle of the night than my darn cat does.

No comments:

Post a Comment