16 June 2009

whirling dervish?

I'm pretty excited that after a year and a half, I got to eat a decent piece of yellow cake. Chocolate is a piece of cake, <-- [har de harr harr] but for some reason my gluten free yellow cakes from scratch never turn out. Thank you, Betty Crocker! Check out the awesomeness on my GF blog.

In other news, today I was a busy bee. I woke up early in pain from that grueling pilates workout yesterday, and decided to take the day off from working out. Back to it tomorrow! I even got cute new workout shorts that are long enough so that I can do that inner thigh machine without flashing my vag, but short enough so I don't sweat to death.

I ran errands, made cake, ran some more errands, made yet another failed bread recipe into melba toast (which is oh-so-delicious with hummus), worked in the office, etc etc. During our errands my mom and I went to the thrift store that benefits the women's shelter in Fort Bend.

I got a lampshade to go with the lamp that I bought 3 years ago but never found a shade for. It was ugly, but I converted it into a cute lampshade using the leftover fabric from my bulletin board.

Observe.

Before


After


The shade turned out to be a tad too big for the base, but I think it's cute and quirky. Now I'm deciding if I'm up for making some tortellini/ ravioli to freeze for when I need a quick meal. I caught Alton Brown's episode the other day and ever since them I've been thinking about them.

Oh, and my laptop is sounding like it might die again. As IF I can afford that after the $400 in doctor bills I already have. Keep chuggin' Lappy!

1 comment:

  1. "I love lamp."

    "Do you really love the lamp, or are you just saying it because you saw it?"

    "I love lamp. I love lamp"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VGM_jAzPj8

    ReplyDelete