14 June 2009

kitchen beauty

I saw this article for homemade face masks and decided to try it out.

I like how they keep calling them "organic," but they're only organic if you use organic ingredients. Derr.

I tried the 'breakfast mask' sans olive oil (why put olive oil on oily skin?) and it smelled SOO good. I wanted to eat it. The problem was, the oats were so chunky they kept falling off my face instead of sticking to my skin, so I had to kinda glop them on there. Eventually they congealed enough to stick. I left it on for only about 5 minutes. Afterwards, my skin really was softer and less oily.

I want to invent one with grated cucumber and aloe vera, and keep it in the fridge for an after-sun mask. Wouldn't that feel awesome??

Organic Banana Face Mask
Your skin will have a healthy glow after applying this tropical mask to your face. This recipe is designed for all skin types.

1. Mash one half of a banana
2. Mix in a tablespoon of orange juice and a tablespoon of honey
3. Apply to the face and keep the mixture on for fifteen minutes
4. Rinse with lukewarm water and then moisturize

The Breakfast Mask
Complete with protein and whole grains, this breakfast-themed mask is used to correct and calm oily skin.

1. Combine an egg yolk, a tablespoon of honey, then a tablespoon of olive oil (yes, olive oil) and half a cup of oatmeal
2. Apply to the face for 15-20 minutes
3. Rinse with lukewarm water and then moisturize

Honey & Papaya Lightening Mask
This mask is specifically for those who have hyperpigmentation, sun spots and uneven pigment.

1. Blend together two tablespoons of honey and half a cup of mashed ripe papaya.
2. Apply on the face evenly for 15-20 minutes
3. Rinse with lukewarm water and then moisturize

Heavenly Honey Citrus Mask
This honey-and-orange-based mask is a quick fix to give your face an organic healthy glow.

1. Combine three tablespoons of orange juice with half a cup of honey
2. Apply to the face and leave on for half an hour
3. Rinse with lukewarm followed by cool water, then moisturize

1 comment:

  1. Neat! I want to try...and also, add the cucumbers over the eyes bit!

    ReplyDelete