28 June 2009

hott & cakes


It is hot out there. I was outside for less than 5 minutes before sweat started dripping down my face. Blugh.

If you haven't checked out my latest masterpiece, go do it!

It has been a really long time since I've gotten to make a cake, and I'm really honored that Jen trusted me to make one for such a special occasion. Even though a bunch of stuff didn't go to plan, I forgot how much fun they are. I used to make them all the time, but since I've been GF I haven't really been confident enough to do them. Hopefully that will change and I'll get to break out my pastry bags more often.

Sadly, my little garden is looking more wilted than ever. I water it, but this drought is sucking it all up. I piled on a bunch of new soil and gave it a good soaking today. I really, really want to see little peas or squash or peppers grow!

It was a pretty mellow weekend. I gotta figure out what I'm doing for the 4th. It seems like everyone is doing different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment