07 August 2009

beach adventures

This is for you Akthar.

Yesterday Missy and I went down to Galveston to hang out with my mom's friend Kay. I've known Kay's family for a while. I used to babysit the girls when they were younger, and now they're in college and high school.

Anyway, Kay had rented a beachhouse for the week, and invited me to come along. Never mind that she invited me to try and hook me up with her daughter's good friend who, as I hear it, is a great guy and just happens to be loaded. He had left by the time I got there, though. Leave it to Kay to try and pimp me out.

Back to the story. We were swimming, and there were a bunch of fish jumping out of the water here and there. There were a bunch of huge birds that kept diving into the water and eating the fish. It was all very entertaining.

As we were swimming and trying to catch a wave on the boogie boards, all of a sudden I felt something hit my head. I thought Missy had accidentally kicked me. When I got my bearings, I noticed her feet were nowhere near my head. She had a strange look on her face, probably because I was looking at her like, "What just happened?" Then I heard Kay laughing.

Apparently, a huge fish jumped out of the water, smacked me in the side of the head, and fell back in the water. It certainly felt big- it hurt! I do remember seeing something grey out of the corner of my eye right after I got bitched slapped. I guess it was the fish!

1 comment:

  1. lol, I totally love this story. :)

    Also, I don't normally visit your actual site (I just get it through my reader), so I hadn't seen the new layout. Me likes!

    ReplyDelete