09 August 2009

sunday morning cranial activity

Today it occurred to me that I haven't checked my grades from last semester yet. I really had no desire to check them, but I did in case there was some problem or something that might be relevant later on down the road. I was nervous.

I got two A's in biodiversity and psychology, a B in calculus and a freaking C in evolutionary bio. That was the most poorly-taught and maliciously evaluated class ever. I have had some hard classes that at least tested fairly, and you could be proud that your 48 was the best you did, but that class really was ridiculous. I would still say that even if by some miracle I made an A.

Moving on. In about an hour I get to see Julie & Julia for $5. Gotta love the matinee.

I wanted to do some sewing yesterday, but for some reason I was so tired and sluggish that I just laid around. I swam at my uncle's pool for a few hours, and I think all the sun was the culprit. Maybe today I'll get that done.

You know what else? It is so annoying that the local libraries are closed on Sunday. It's the perfect day for lazing around with a good book. During the semester, when I'd have an exam on Monday, I'd always want to study in a library without driving 30 minutes, but I couldn't. Lame.

Another little note: You know how Bank of America has that "Keep the Change" program? It's the one where they round up your debit/ credit card purchases to the next dollar, and deposit the extra into your savings account. When I opened my account last year I opted for that, and I've saved a couple hundred bucks that I didn't even miss. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment