02 July 2010

How yesterday went

Wake up, get things packed and ready in preparation for interview at 4pm.

Rotations happen. Fairly uneventful.

I was smart and started saying goodbye 10 minutes early. People talked for 10 minutes before I was able to leave. I'm going to miss those people!

Ran to the bathroom, ignored the germi-ness and very quickly washed my face, applied some mascara, combed my hair, and got changed. Ran out to my car. I paid $12 to park in the garage closest to the hospital so I could save time there.

Realized I forgot my lunch in the break room, which included water and an emergency snack to eat on the way to the interview. Immediately felt hungry and thirsty.

Sat in traffic on the 1-mile drive. Realized directions were WRONG. Had to U-turn. Called the HR number. Got a recording. Became very frustrated and was trying not to cry. Did I mention it was raining? Called a few more times and finally got a person who directed me to the automated directions which did not help. Finally got ahold of the person I was interviewing with, and she eventually got me situated. She wasn't understanding me and I seriously thought I would cry on the phone. I didn't.

I arrived in the HR office only about 4 minutes late. They had me fill out this thing on the computer which was basically my resume. Again. Don't you hate it when job applications ask for your resume, then ask you to fill in pretty much your resume again on the application, and then they ask you AGAIN once you get to the interview? Ugh redundancy.

Finish that, wait around. The lady comes to interview me. That went fine. Then she asked if I had time to meet with the lab manager. I said sure. Silly me...

Two hours later, the lab manager finishes the interview. WTF. The whole time she just talked and talked and I tried my best not to think about how hungry I was or look at the clock. At one point I asked to use the restroom so I could get a drink of water and maybe my stomach would quit rumbling. When I went to get a drink of water from the water fountain, it wasn't working. UGH.
To sum it up, I know I don't want the job and I kinda knew before I walked in there. I knew for sure about 10 minutes into the interview. Then I had to sit there and listen to her talk FORREEEVVVEERRRR about crap I didn't care about while I watched the clock creep closer to 6:00, then past 6:00.

When I finally was set free, it was 30 minutes after my blood pressure party had started. I paid another $8 for parking, then got home where a bunch of people had been waiting for an hour for me to get home. That's friendship- they just all waited for me to get home to my own party that I arranged for THEM to help ME. LOVES!!! Missy's mom even came and she was just cute as all get out. I got all my blood pressures done, finally ate something, took a shower, and crashed way beyond my bed time.

Today is another blood bank lab practical. I haven't thought about blood bank for a month, but I think it will be fine.

Thank GOD it's Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment