02 July 2010

yes, that happened

Tonight I was chillin on the couch with my notes, and Punk came to hang out. We were snuggling on the couch (the only snuggles I've gotten since April are from my cat and my friends' babies) and I was petting her, when I thought of this one time.

And honestly I can't remember if I've already blogged about this, so if it's a repeat let's just chalk it up to stress, tired, and headache.

When she was a little kitten and I first brought her home, she was a stray and was COVERED in fleas. You could see them run across her eye and jump off and it was awful. When we gave her a bath, she didn't even try to fight. I think it felt so good to get some of those bugs off of her that she just sat there and let us wash her. Can you imagine how awful it must be to be in a constant state of itchy, biting-ness?

Anyway, so after her bath we spent a while picking the remaining bugs off her because we couldn't wait until the flea medicine kicked in. After a while the majority seemed to die, and we were satisfied.

A few nights later I was petting her and noticed that I felt a bump on her stomach. Scared it might be a tick or some other kind of nasty bug, I investigated a little closer and began to gently pick at the spot.

After a minute or so, I found a few more and suddenly realized that it was her nipple! I was trying to pick at her nipple, thinking it was a bug burrowed in there! The fact that kittens had nipples just never occurred to me. I was horribly embarrassed for the both of us.

Do boy kittens have nipples? Like how boy humans have non-lactating nipples?

Missy! Feel Jedi up and tell me!

2 comments:

  1. I am currently attempting to catch the cat. He has chosen RIGHT NOW to be extremely uncooperative! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *UPDATE* Yes, boy cats do have nipples!

    ReplyDelete